Campus Based Scholarships (2-4 year)
Campus based scholarships are offered to students who were not offered or did not apply for the High School ROTC Scholarship or Green to Gold program. These scholarships are extremely limited and may range in length from 2-4 years. Scholarships pay for full tuition and mandatory fees, for both resident and non-resident students. Scholarship awardees also receive a book allowance and a tax-free monthly stipend to defray the cost of living. Applications can be submitted year round to the Department of Military Science.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must not reach 27 years of age by June 30 of the year you will graduate from college
- If you are taking or have taken college courses you must be considered an academic sophomore for the 3-Year and an academic junior for the 2-year Scholarship, and have the same number of years remaining for a baccalaureate degree upon enrollment
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Satisfactory explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction
- Have no moral or personal conviction against bearing arms or supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
Those applicants advancing to further scholarship consideration are scheduled for a medical examination and a personal interview. See above.
If you are selected for a ROTC Scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract with the Secretary of the Army.
- Attend a 5-week Leadership Development and Assessment Course (AKA Warrior Forge) between your Junior and Senior Year.
- Accept a Commission to serve on Army active duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves upon degree completion.
- Serve in the military for a period of 8 years. This may be fulfilled by one of the following:
- Serving active duty, if selected, for 4 years followed by 4 years of service in the Inactive Ready Reserve(IRR)/National Guard/Army Reserves. You may elect to serve 8 years or longer on active duty, but only the first 4 are required. Terms of obligation begin at the time of commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in the National Guard/Army Reserves,that includes a 3-6 month active duty term for initial training. Terms of obligation begin at time of commissioning.