General Enterprises shall refer to all agencies/individuals engaged in distributing information and product services and/or sales/profit making on merchandise outside of the jurisdiction of the Student Association and the Administration of Shippensburg University and who are not students or members of the University. General Enterprises shall be defined as Off Campus Vendors, Products, Services and Information Tables. The following policies & procedures apply to all General Enterprises wishing to conduct business at Shippensburg University.
- General Enterprises shall apply for date(s) using applications available through the University Union & Student Activities Office located in the Ceddia Union Building (CUB). The categories for General Enterprises along with the appropriate fees are as follows:
- PROFIT MAKING BUSINESSES $200.00 (September – April)
- Off Campus Housing Agencies
- Solicitation of Professional Services
- VENDORS (Sells Merchandise & Products) $100.00 (September – April)
- In addition to the General Enterprise Fee, the following fees are applicable per date requested for Vendors Only (All fees & commissions collected as revenue shall be deposited and contributed to the Student Association Treasury):
- 15% Commission Fee on Sales for each date scheduled
- Vendors will be required to record ALL SALES each date they are on campus on a General Enterprise Sales & Commission Form.
- Payments are to be paid immediately at the conclusion of business each day to a representative in the University Union & Student Activities Office.
- Textbooks & Shippensburg University apparel may not be sold by vendors.
- EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS NO FEE
- Financial Services or Community Organizations
- Each application will require the appropriate General Enterprise Fee which covers the application, license, & table rentals for Sixteen-(16) dates (eight-(8) dates per semester with no more than two-(2) consecutive dates in a row. Each additional date requested outside of the sixteen-(16) allotted dates will be $100.00 per date based upon availability.
- All FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and Checks should be made payable to: Shippensburg University Student Services Inc. or SUSSI. All applications shall be returned in duplicate to:
Connie Gruver, Administrative Assistant
University Union & Student Activities (CUB)
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257-2299
- General Enterprises will be provided with One (1) - Six (6) Foot Table for each date on campus in the CUB Vending & Table Area located on the lower level of the building. Additional tables may be provided upon request based upon availability and a $5.00 fee per table may be assessed.
- General Enterprises shall be approved and licensed by the University Union & Student Activities Office and shall be subject to the review of the ECAC (Extra Curricular Activities Committee) Chairperson and or the Student Association at any time. All applications and licenses shall be signed by the administrative staff for the University Union & Student Activities Office.
- The University Union & Student Activities Office shall maintain detailed General Enterprise information for each agency/individual which shall include the following:
- Agency/Business Name
- Contact Person’s Name, Mailing Address, Phone & Fax Numbers and Email
- Drivers License Number
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Any other information required or deemed necessary
- One (1) copy of the completed application materials will remain on file with the University Union & Student Activities Office. Upon arrival to campus the General Enterprise representative(s) will be required to have their license to conduct business on campus.
- If the cost incurred with licensing a General Enterprise exceeds the $200.00 General Enterprise Fee, all additional costs and fees shall be billed to the appropriate General Enterprise.
- Licenses for General Enterprises shall be valid for one-(1) academic year (September through April) and are valid only during the academic year in which the application is submitted.
- Licenses may be withdrawn at any time by the administrative staff of the University Union & Student Activities Office or the ECAC Chairperson/Student Association. In such cases, fees are non-refundable.
- Credit Card vendors are allowed on campus only when sponsored by a recognized student club or organizations and these vendors must be contacted by the student club or organization. Credit Card companies are not allowed to solicit student clubs or organizations.
- General Enterprises are only allowed to conduct business within the Ceddia Union Building (CUB) and its immediate surroundings.
- Any entity engaging in a fundraising and/or profit making activity or solicitation without a permit/license will be fined and made to discontinue from participating in the activity until the correct procedures have been followed to obtain a permit/license. Violators falling under the category of General Enterprise will be charged with a $100.00 fine per offense.
- All applications to license a General Enterprise must be submitted at least ten-(10) business days prior to the date(s) being requested.
- Door to door solicitation within University Housing (residence halls & apartments) is not allowed.