GBL: Director's Office
Dr. Robert G. Ziegenfuss
Ph.D. University of Maryland - Administration, Policy, and Planning
B.S. Pennsylvania State University - Elementary Education
Certificate: Principal and supervisor K-8 (MD): Teacher K-8 (MD); Teacher K-6 (PA)
Teaching Middle Level Mathematics
Adolescent Development and Learning Theory
Elements of Middle Level Instruction
Student Teaching and Professional Practicum
Mathematics Website Evaluations
Technology Use in the Preparation of Teachers
Parent Program Evaluation
Ziegenfuss, R., Odhiambo, E. & Keyes, C. (2014) “How Can We Help Students Who Are English Language Learners Succeed?” Current Issues in Middle Level Education. (Peer reviewed)
Minetola, Ziegenfuss, and Chrisman (2013). Teaching Young Children Mathematics, Routledge: New York and London.
Ziegenfuss, R. (2011). “Modeling Alternative Assessment for Pre-Service Middle Level Teachers” accepted for publication Current Issues in Middle Level Education Journal, (Peer reviewed)
National Professors of Middle Level Education, newsletter, November, 2012, May 2013, September 2013, February 2014, June 2014
Submitted for publication: Ziegenfuss, R. & Smith, M. (2014). “Connecting Math Website Evaluation to an Authentic Learning Activity for Teaching Candidates.” Current Issues in Middle Level Education (Peer Reviewed)
- President of National Professors of Middle Level Education
- Collegiate Middle Level Association Advisor
- Shippensburg University School Study Council-member/Teacher of the Year Selection Committee
- Co-Chair: Task Force for Middle Level Certification Program Committee
- Chair: Security Committee: Luhrs Elementary School
- Ziegenfuss, R. (2013). “Best Practices for Young Adolescents” The 40th annual conference for middle level education, Association for Middle Level Education, international conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Ziegenfuss, R. (2013). “Business Meeting and Strategic Planning for National Professors of Middle Level Education” The 40th annual conference for the Association for Middle Level Education, Minneapolis, MN.
- Chair, Ziegenfuss, R. (2013). “Best Practices for Young Adolescents.” A symposium co-sponsored by NaPOMLE, Shippensburg University Study Council, PaPOMLE, and CMLA, Shippensburg University.
- Ziegenfuss, R. (2012). “They don’t speak any English at all?” November 9, 2012, presentation, The 39th annual international conference for middle level education, Portland, Oregon. November 9, 2012.
- Ruppert, N. & Ziegenfuss, R. (2012). Best Practices for Middle Level Education. NaPOMLE, AMLE international conference.
- NaPOMLE (National Professors of Middle Level Education): Business meeting: strategic planning presentation, Portland, Oregon, November, 2012 (peer reviewed)