ENG345 - Women's Literature - Dr. Libertin
Librarian - Dr. Cook
The following can also be accessed from the Library's web page - http://library.ship.edu - click on 'Find Articles In Databases
1. Literary Criticism
- MLA International Bibliography - [Ship database] This is the most comprehensive database to modern literature and languages, indexing over 1.7 million periodical articles, books, and articles published in books, published from 1963 to the present. It also covers scholarly materials in related fields such as folklore, linguistics, and the dramatic arts. MLA indexes over 4,400 journals and series and covers items in a wide variety of languages.
- Literature Criticism Online - [Ship database] This database is an excellent starting place for finding literary criticism. It includes the full text of nine major Gale literary criticism collections, including: Contemporary Literary Criticism, Twentieth-Century Literature Criticism, etc.
- Academic Search Complete - [Ship database] our most important general database that indexes approx. 8,000 journals, magazines, and newspapers in all subject areas. It includes the full-text of articles for about 5,000 of these publications. This is the essential starting place for all research.
- JSTOR - [Ship database] provides access to an online archive for 700+ full text scholarly journals throughout the arts and sciences. It includes online backfiles which extend from the first issue to within 3-5 years of the current issue
- Project MUSE -[Ship database] Project MUSE provides access to full text scholarly journals which cover the fields of literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, etc
- InterLibraryLoan - ILLiad - Articles not available in our databases can be ordered from ILLiad
- Journal Title List - a searchable list of all the journals to which Ship subscribes both digitally and in paper
- WorldCat.org - This is the mother of all library databases. If a book has been published it's in here. After you find out about a book see if we have it at Ship or in EZ-Borrow.
- Ship catalog - Books in Ship Library
- EZ-Borrow - a cooperative catalog for borrowing books from 50+ academic libraries in Pennsylvania and the region, including Penn State and the University of Pennsylvania libraries..
2. Biographical Resources
- Biography Reference Bank - [Ship database] Features biographical essays, journal and magazine articles, obituaries, and other research sources on 1/2 million+ people.
- Literature Resource Center - [Ship database] The Literature Resource Center is a comprehensive literature reference database containing biographical, bibliographical, and critical content. The Literature Resource Center covers literary figures from all time periods. It includes biographical full-text entries from the Dictionary of Literary Biography and Contemporary Authors.