SOC371 - Social Dynamics of Aging - Dr. Drenovsky
The following can also be accessed from the Library's web page - Choose "Find Articles" then "In Databases"
1. Scholarly Articles in the field of Sociology -[ If you don't find full text of the article, choose "Check Availability" to order it via ILLIAD - inter library loan]
- SocINDEX with Full Text -An extensive database to scholarly publications in sociology, social work, and related fields, indexing over 1 million academic periodical articles and other materials (40% in full text). Deep coverage back to the 1960s and as far back as 1882.
- Sociological Collection - A full-text database to 500+ sociology journals. Almost 90% of the database is available in full-text and almost all journals are peer reviewed. Most coverage is from 1985 to the present.
2. Other Scholarly Resources with Articles related to Older Adults
3. Books - Search first in WorldCat. When you know that a book exists, then see if Ship has it or if it is available in EZ-Borrow
- WorldCat.org - This is the mother of all library databases. If a book has been published it's in here. WorldCat now indicates if Ship has the book you found.
- Ship catalog - Books in Ship Library
- EZ-Borrow [PALCI] - a cooperative catalog for borrowing books from 50+ academic libraries in Pennsylvania and the region, including Penn State and the University of Pennsylvania libraries.
4. Other Useful Services