Renovation & Expansion Project Overview
proposed renderings of the building & spaces these are not final designs
The Anthony F. Ceddia Union Building (CUB) will be undergoing a major renovation and expansion project, beginning in May 2010 with an expected completion date of December 2011. This project will have an impact on campus space availability and event planning. Because this an active construction zone, there will also be noise and altered traffic patterns, starting on May 10, 2010
All services (dining, PSECU, bookstore), offices, and some lounge areas will remain open and functional throughout the project. Below is a list of important items and information that will impact the university community throughout the duration of the project:
All services (Dining, PSECU & University Store) offices and some lounges areas will all remain open & functional throughout the project without any major interruptions to the university community. Below you will find a list of important items & information that will impact the university community throughout the duration of the project:
- Closed: The entrance facing Franklin and the Library will be closed for the duration of the project effective May 10, 2010.
- Open: The entrances facing Cumberland and Buck Drives will remain open until June 2011.
- The CUB Information Desk will be relocated to the desk outside the Orndorff Theater and no services will be impacted by the move.
- A temporary ATM has been set-up right outside the Orndorff Theater for withdrawals and deposits. The current ATM outside of the bookstore will no longer be available effective May 10, 2010.
Meeting and Event Space
All CUB meeting and event spaces, with the exception of Orndorff Theater, McFeelys Coffeehouse, Raider Room and the Great Hall will be offline as of Monday, May 10, 2010. Reservations for these spaces will continue to be processed through the CUB Information Desk. More specifically:
- Summer 2010 (May through August): The only spaces in the CUB available for reservations will be the Orndorff Theater, McFeelys Coffeehouse, Raider Room, and the Great Hall. Priority scheduling is given to Camps and Conferences and New Student Orientation/Dean of Students Office.
- Fall 2010 & Spring 2011 The only spaces in the CUB available for reservations will be the Orndorff Theater and McFeelys Coffeehouse with priority scheduling given to weekend programming (Thursday 7:00 11:30 PM, Friday, 8:00 PM 1:30 AM & Saturday 8:00 PM 1:30 AM).
CUB Building Hours
- Summer 2011 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and evening hours will vary to support scheduled camps and conferences and university events
- Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 TBD
The University Store Temporary locations for May 2010 through June 2011 (http://ship.bkstr.com)
- Textbooks & Study Aids: Available in the McLean Hall Recreation Lounge
- SU Merchandise, Clothing, Backpacks: Available in the CUB B&C Lounges
- Art & School Supplies, General Gifts, Cards, Plush, Trade Books: Available in the SHIP Shack (located outside of McLean Hall Recreation Lounge).