This website provides requests for proposals (RFP) for the grant programs available to tenured or tenure-track faculty members at Shippensburg University (SU). Each year the SU Foundation, Provost's Office, and College Deans provide funds to support faculty professional development. Currently, CFEST supports three
different grant programs:
Grant: Supports faculty travel to conferences for presentations, conference organizing, or required attendance for national officers.
Visit Travel Grants Program
Faculty Training and Continuing Education (FTCE): Supports efforts to improve pedagogy, teaching, or scholarship through attendance at workshops or other innovative approaches.
Visit FTCE page
PASSHE and SU Faculty Professional Development Council (FPDC): Supports faculty professional development including, but not limited, to: (1) research, (2) public service, (3) creative and performing arts, (4) Innovation in Teaching, (5) Individual and career
enhancement, and (6) Development of an extramural grant proposal.
Visit FPCD page
New Updates for 2015-16 Academic Year
- Travel Grant and Faculty Training and Continuing Education grant programs will be accepted via the
online application only. We are no longer accepting emailed or
support with your application, please contact: Institute for Public Service and Sponsored
Programs at x1251
For questions regarding
your application contact: CFESTgrants@ship.edu
- Final reports will only be accepted online via the CFEST website
- Faculty Training and Continuing Education Award limit: $1500
- Travel Grant Award Limit: $800
- All post award paperwork must be submitted to Sherry Dinsmore in the CFEST Office, located in within the Institute for Public Service and Sponsored Programs Office, OM 202
- Grant applications for all GFEST Grant Administration programs must be completed and submitted before you travel
- SU Travel Request Form must be completed and signed by all parties before you travel. If you are traveling internationally, then you must complete the
Foreign Travel Disclosure Form
- If a travel advance or registration prepayment is requested, then the CFEST Travel Grant Application must be submitted by the monthly deadline at least one-month prior to the month of travel (Examples: Travel
in November must be submitted by the October deadline. Travel in February must be submitted by the December deadline)
Grant Application Important Dates
|| Dates / Deadlines
Grant applications due by 11:59 pm EST
Submitted via Competition Space: https://ship.infoready4.com/#
||Declaration of Intent to Apply
|| FPDC Grant Writing Workshop
Grants Administration Committee 2015 - 2016
|All CFEST Grants Administration Committee members are available to assist with grant preparation. Feel free to contact any committee member for assistance.
In addition, the faculty listed below have volunteered to serve as grant writing mentors. Their role is to provide advice.
They are not responsible for ensuring that all of the guidelines are met or that your proposal is without any type of error.
CFEST Grants Administration Mission
The CFEST Grants Administration supports the professional development of Shippensburg University tenure-track and tenured faculty via awarding intramural grants and assisting faculty to develop competitive grant-writing skills. CFEST Grants Administration encourages faculty to participate in conferences, training opportunities, research, public service, creative and performing arts, and development of curricula and instructional techniques as part of their ongoing development as teacher-scholars. CFEST strives to support Shippensburg University’s commitment to student learning by supporting the faculty professional development necessary to maintain and enhance the quality of teaching and learning on this campus.