Summer and Online Registration FAQs
What are the dates for the summer terms?
Shippensburg offers summer courses during three terms.
Term 3 May 12-May 30 (3 weeks)
Term 4 June 2-July 3 (4 weeks)
Term 5 July 7-August 7 (5 weeks)
When can I register for summer courses?
Graduate Students –
- Registration begins on March 24 through the end of the schedule adjustment period for the term you are registering for.
Undergraduate Students –
- Registration for your summer courses begins at the same time as your fall time ticket and remains open through the end of the schedule adjustment period for the term you are registering for.
To confirm your Registration Time Ticket:
- Log in to myShip at https://portal.ship.edu/
- Click on the Student tab and select My Academics
- Under Registration Tools, select Registration Status.
- If prompted, select the Fall 2014 semester.
Do I have to have my registration pin number to register for summer courses?
No. Alternate PINs are not needed for summer registration.
Can I schedule summer courses if I have a hold on my account?
NO. You must contact the office that place the hold to have the hold removed before you will be able to register for courses.
How many courses can I take during the summer?
- You can register for a maximum of 7 credits for each summer term
- Students can register for no more than two (2) online classes during each of the summer terms.
- Students can register for no more than one (1) face-to-face class in Summer Term 3 since it is only 3 weeks in duration.
Who is eligible to take summer online courses?
- You must have successfully completed 12 credits prior to registering for an online class
- and must have a 2.0 GPA prior to registering for an online class.
What courses are being offered online during summer 2014?
The list of classes that can be completed online between May 12 - August 7, 2014 is available at: http://www.ship.edu/PCDE/Online/List_of_Online_Classes/
How do I register for summer courses?
Current SHIP students register through their myShip portal just as they do for fall/spring courses.
If I previously failed a course at SHIP, can I repeat it online?
NO. You may not repeat a previously failed course by taking it online at Shippensburg University. You can repeat previously failed courses by taking an on-campus summer course.
How much does it cost to take an online course?
Detailed information on tuition and fees can be found at http://www.ship.edu/Student_Accounts/Summer_Semester_Tuition/
How can I sign up on the waitlist for a summer course?
To sign-up on the waitlist for a summer class in Banner follow these directions:
- Login to the myShip portal at https://portal.ship.edu/
- Click on Student
- Click on Register
- Click on Add or Drop a Class
- Select Summer 2014
- Select or search for the class you would like to register for
- If the class you would like to take is closed, it will be indicated by “C”. Take note of the CRN of that class.
- Manually enter this CRN in the Add Classes Worksheet
- Click on Submit Changes
- In the Action drop-down menu, select Waitlist
- Click on Submit Changes. You must click on the Submit Changes button to successfully submit your waitlist request.
- You will be notified by email if space becomes available in the class and you are being moved from the waitlist in to the class.
How do I withdraw from a summer class?
- Students Who Are Registered for TWOSummer Courses:
If you are registered for two summer classes during a summer term, you can drop one of the two through myShip at https://portal.ship.edu/. To drop your last summer class, complete the Withdraw Request Form.
- Students Who Are Registered for ONESummer Online Course:
If you are registered for only one class during a summer term, to drop this class you must complete the Withdraw Request Form.