- Over the course of the Library Main Level renovation Shippensburg University will spend $1.4 Million to update infrastructure, improve service points, and increase study and research space.
- The Library has not been updated in more than forty years, but librarianship and the services it provides has changed considerably. What was once a warehouse of books now serves as a gateway to many types of information formats. A library's prosperity is measured by access rather than ownership. In recognition of that change, Shippensburg University slated the Library for a series of upgrades.
- The Library welcomed a Starbucks café in time for the Fall semester of 2007 and added another seating area called the Compass Room in January 2008. The addition of Starbucks at the library?s entry has doubled library building attendance as well as doubling the questions asked at the reference desk.
- The Lobby and the Circulation Desk were renovated in the Summer of 2008. Our biggest change is underway!
- Look for volumes and shelving to relocate as the 2008-2009 academic year passes because the entire first floor will be renovated in the Summer of 2009.
- Considerable new seating will be created including tables, chairs, upholstered furniture, and best of all, study rooms! The Learning Center will move to the first floor. Periodicals and media will move to the ground floor. By the end of 2009, we hope to move the entire book collection to the upper floor for easy A to Z browsing.
- The faculty and staff of Lehman Library hope these coming changes will better connect our users with ideas and each other.
View our Facebook Galleries
Link to the Picasa Gallery
Floor and furniture plans
First Floor - April 2008 [PDF]
Circulation Desk [PDF]
First Floor Furniture Layout [PDF]