History of the College of Business

 

 
   
2012 

John L. Grove College of Business celebrates success on three levels:
      75 years of teaching business
      40 years since the College of Business was established
      30 years the business programs maintained the AACSB accreditation
Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise (CEFE) established
Ship MBA online program established

2011 

AACSB International accreditation reaffirmed for BSBA and MBA programs
MBA program expands to serve York and East Stroudsburg University
Executive Volunteer Connector Service (EVCS) established

2010 

Dr. John G. Kooti appointed to the position of dean
La Rochelle International Business School Exchange Program in France was established

2009 

Dr. Anthony S. Winter appointed as interim dean for one year
Wroclaw University Exchange Program in Poland was established
Entrepreneurial Leadership Center established through 3-year PASSHE grant

2008 

MBA program expands from Shippensburg University and the Dixon 
     University Center in Harrisburg to also serve the Hanover area

2007 

John L. Grove College of Business celebrates success on three levels:
       70 years of teaching business
       35 years since the College of Business was established
       25 years the business programs maintained the AACSB accreditation
AACSB accreditation reaffirmed for business programs
MBA program receives AACSB accreditation
Small Business Development Center established

2006 

Twenty-fifth anniversary of AACSB accreditation

2005 

Soon Chun Hyang University Exchange Program in South Korea was established

2004 

First class MBA students graduated in May 2004
First courses offered through the University's Distance Education Program

2002 

Master of Business Administration (MBA) program established
New undergraduate business core curriculum introduced

2001 

Dr. Stephen J. Holoviak appointed to the position of dean
New business minor approved for non-business majors

1999 

Dr. Stephen J. Holoviak served two years as interim dean

1998 

Dr. Donna Mortilla served one year as interim dean

1997 

Grove Hall dedicated and open for business

1996 

Aarhus School of Business Exchange Program in Denmark was established

1995 

Ground breaking ceremonies for Grove Hall held on February 3
The John L. Grove College of Business again received reaffirmation of
       accreditation of its programs by AACSB International

1993 

The College was renamed the John L. Grove College of Business at
       dedication ceremonies on April 8, 1993

1992 

Dr. James A. Pope appointed to the position of dean of the College

1991 

Dean Joseph Hunt stepped down as dean of the College of Business to
       become a member of the Economics faculty
Dr. Ruth Armstrong served one year as interim dean

1987 

MBA program phase-out began

1986 

The College of Business is reaccredited by AACSB International  

1984 

The College of Business Associates Program was developed to
       recognize the firms and individuals who provide financial support
       to the College of Business

1983 

Shippensburg State College became Shippensburg University and the
       School of Business became the College of Business

1981 

Undergraduate degree programs in the School of Business received
       national accreditation from AACSB International
The Center for Management and Economics was renamed the Harry
       Rankin Frehn Center for Management
Dr. Joseph Hunt appointed as dean

1979 

Dr. Joseph Hunt appointed to serve as interim dean

1977 

Dr. James Robinson appointed to serve as dean

1975 

Dr. Myron Gable served two years as interim dean
The Center for Management and Economics was started

1973 

Ephraim P. Smith selected to be the first dean of the School
       of Business

1972 

Business Internship Program established

1971 

The School of Business is founded
Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is established

1967 

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree
       program is begun

1962 

Master's degree program in Business Education is created

1938 

Concentration in Business Education is offered within the Teacher
       Education program of Shippensburg State College

1937 

Business Education Program approved