Editorial Board Activities
International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling
Referee Activities – Peer Reviewed Journals
· Journal of Operations Management
· International Journal of Production Economics
· European Journal of Operational Research
· International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology
· Computers & Mathematics with Applications
· Information and Organization
· Resources Conservation and Recycling
· International Journal of Sustainable Engineering
Referee Activities - Other
· Springer Journals (new journal proposals)
· Prentice Hall (Textbooks)
· McGraw Hill (Textbooks)
· Cengage (Textbooks)
· Academy of International Business (Conference proceedings)
· Netherlands Laboratory of Lifelong Learning (grant proposals)
· Chair, Membership Committee, Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties - Shippensburg University (2011--present, member since 2009). Member of Statewide APSCUF Membership Committee.
· Member (ex officio), Executive Committee, Association of Pennsylvania State College
and University Faculties - Shippensburg University (2011--present).
· Member, Mobilization Committee, APSCUF-SU (2011-present).
· Member, Bookstore Advisory Committee (2012—present).
· Alternate, Enrollment Management Team (2011—present).
· Alternate, Representative Council, APSCUF-SU (2012—present).
· Faculty Advisor, Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, Lambda Lambda Petitioning Group (2010--present).
· Faculty Advisor, Supply Chain and Logistics Management clubs (2011--present).
· Member, International Education Council (2008--2011).
· Member, Task Force on Living and Learning (2008--2009).
· Member, Grants Administration Committee, Center for Faculty Excellence in Scholarship and Teaching (2009--2011).
· Member, Campus Support Committee, Center for Faculty Excellence in Scholarship and Teaching (2010--2011).
· Member, SU Homecoming Committee (2011).
· Member, Faculty Search Committee, Management and Marketing Department, Strategic Management position.
· Graduate & Undergraduate Grade Appeals Committee (2008--present).
· Departmental Professional Affairs Committee (2008--present).
· Supply Chain Management Assessment Committee (2008--present).
· Supply Chain Management Advisory Board (2008--present).
· Catechist (Religious Education Teacher), Our Lady of the Visitation Roman Catholic Church, Shippensburg, PA (2008--present).
· Level I (top level) Volunteer, Shippensburg Area School District (2009—present).
· Member, German Operations Research (GOR) Society
· Member, Catholic Scholars for Worker Justice (CSWJ)
· Cabinet Board Member and Education Chair, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), South Central Pennsylvania Roundtable
· Member, Susquehanna Sustainable Business Network (SSBN)
· Member, Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
Alpha Phi Omega, National Service Fraternity
Alpha Kappa Psi, Business Professional Fraternity
Dr. Langella has been the recipient of numerous teaching and research awards, including:
John L. Grove Summer Research Fellowship Award 2011-12 from the John L. Grove College of Business, Shippensburg.
Edward F. Ehret, Jr. Teaching Award 2010-11 from the John L. Grove College of Business, Shippensburg University.
Elwood F. Holton III Research Excellence Award 2010 from the Academy of Human Resource Development.
Harry R. Frehn Center Faculty Research Fellowship Award 2009-10 from the John L. Grove College of Business, Shippensburg University.
John L. Grove Summer Research Fellowship Award 2008-9 from the John L. Grove College of Business, Shippensburg University.
Best Lecturer Ranking, Faculty of Economics and Management, University of Magdeburg. Summer Semester 2008 for undergraduate core lecture Decision Theory.
Best Lecturer Ranking, Faculty of Economics and Management, University of Magdeburg. Winter Semester 2007/8 for undergraduate core lecture Management Accounting.
Best Lecturer Ranking, Faculty of Economics and Management, University of Magdeburg. Summer Semester 2006 for graduate lecture Reverse Logistics.
Dr. Langella possesses five years of industrial experience in the Oil and Gas, International Logistics, and Printing and Binding industries before graduate school and transitioning to academia. During his time in industry, he was responsible for operations in more than a dozen countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Consulting, Corporate Training, and Executive Education
Dr. Langella has consulted on a large number of performance improvement projects ranging from production process improvement, sustainable logistics network design, and inventory optimization for companies ranging from several Fortune Global 500 (including one Fortune Global 20) companies, to mid-size businesses. He has also conducted executive education and corporate training assignments in the areas of his expertise.