Printing to Lab Printers from a Personal Laptop
Personal laptops running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 have the ability to print to lab printers through the Pharos printing system. Follow the instructions below to add a lab printer as an option on your personal laptop. Please note that this process will only work while connected to the campus wireless network. Printing is not available off campus.
- In Windows XP, click on the Start button and then click on Run. In Windows Vista or Windows 7, just click on the Start button.
- Type in \\shipprint02 and press Enter (be sure to use backslashes when typing).
- You will be prompted for a user name and password. Enter your Ship e-mail address and password, as shown to the right. IMPORTANT - Do NOT check the "Remember my password" or "Remember my credentials" box. This could cause your account to become locked out the next time you change your password.
- Click OK.
- From the list of available printers, find the printer you want and double-click on it. Note that there are options for both single-sided and double-sided printing in most labs.
- In Windows Vista/7, you may be asked to install a print driver for the printer you have selected. Click on Install Driver and the driver will be added automatically.
- When the printer queue window appears, the printer has been added. You can now close the queue window and select the printer when printing a document. You will still need to release the print job at the release station beside the printer.
You only need to add each lab printer one time... Each time you disconnect from the Ship wireless network and later return to print, you will only be asked to login again.