Welcome to Shippensburg University Housing
Incoming First-Year and Transfer Students 2014-2015 - At Shippensburg all students have the ability to select their own rooms and roommates.
a) Sign a housing agreement and pay a $200 deposit.
1) Each new student is required to complete one of two housing options upon confirmation with Shippensburg University.
Students living in university housing are required to meet the state meningitis requirement.
b) Sign a housing exemption in order to commute or live off campus.
2) Students can access a Facebook Application called RoomSync. The link is in the payment screen for the housing deposit and will be emailed to incoming students at the Shippensburg University email account.
3) After an incoming student confirms housing he/she will periodically be placed in a housing lottery in order to request roommates in the MyHousing portal. After students find a roommate he/she will go into the MyHousing portal and mutually match each other before selecting a room. You must have a matching roommate in order to fill the room.
4) The Overview/Summary page of your MyHousing portal stores the room assignments, roommate information, and room lottery details. When students are in a room lottery the system will allow the students to enter roommate requests and/or select rooms. After students have matched each other in the system the first roommate of the matching pair/s will select a room and pull the other students into the room. Room selections are final. Note: Incoming Spring 2014 students will not select their own rooms, but be placed by the Housing Office during the winter break.
New suite selections (Kieffer Hall, Lackhove Hall, McCune Hall, McLean Hall II, Presidents Hall, and Seavers Hall) will begin on April 1 and end when the suites are filled. Tradtional Hall rooms in McLean Hall will be available in a lottery beginning May 1, 2014. Lottery times will be awarded in housing confirmation order. Living Learning Communities have been developed in the New Suites. Students can select rooms in the Living Learning Communities during the room selection lottery for the new suites or you can enter your preference for these communities under personal preferences and the Housing Office will place you after room selection in the remainder of the spaces. Map
5) Students who are living in university housing should complete housing preferences (personal and living preferences). Even if you request a specific roommate, or select your own room we recommend you enter your preferences. The Housing Office will use the preference information any time we make the Housing Assignment. Keep in mind preferences entered after assignments have been made will not be considered. You can enter and edit your preferences at any time.
6) Students who do not select a room will be assigned by the Housing Office beginning May 15th based on the preferences in the MyHousing portal based on the housing confirmation date. Most assignments will be posted in the MyHousing Portal by July 15th.
7) To enter the MyHousing Portal click on: www.ship.edu, MyInfo, MyShip, sign in securely, Student, Ship Life, Connect to MyHousing.