HCS100 - Intro. to Human Communication - Parker
Resources from Ship Library which will help you find information on many topics
The following can also be accessed from the Library's web page - Choose "Find Articles In Databases"
1. Academic Search Complete - Ship's most important general database that indexes approx. 8,000 journals, magazines, and newspapers in all subject areas. It includes the full-text of articles for about 5,000 of these publications. This is the essential starting place for all research.
2. CQ Researcher - CQ Researcher is a weekly publication that covers the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
3. Gale Virtual Reference Library - GVRL is a general information discovery tool with information from reference books covering the Arts, Business, Environment, History, Law, Multicultural Studies, Religion, and Social Sciences.
4. Oxford Reference -A comprehensive reference collection including subject information, general reference information, quotations, dictionaries and thesauruses
5. Proquest Newspapers - Searches the full text of 40+ newspapers, including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post, and features 10+ Pennsylvania newspapers, including the Philadelphia Inquirer.
6. Sample Subject-Related Databases
*Business Source Premier -An index to trade and business publications covering companies, industries, markets, and products. The full text of many articles is included.
*PsycARTICLES - Includes full-text for 53 peer-reviewed psychology journals published by the American Psychological Association and related groups. Most titles go back to 1985 or to the first journal issue; coverage of the remaining titles extends back to the mid-1990s.
*SocINDEX with Full Text - An extensive database of scholarly publications in sociology, social work, and related fields, indexing over 1 million academic periodical articles and other materials (40% in full text). Deep coverage back to the 1960s and as far back as 1882.
Other Valuable Library Resources
* Biography Reference Bank - Features biographical essays, journal and magazine articles, obituaries, and other research sources on 1/2 million+ people.
* LexisNexis Academic - One of our largest full-text databases. News section: thousands of newspapers, magazines, and broadcast media programs; Legal: comprehensive array of law reviews and federal and state laws; Business: news and trade publications and company data.
* Ship Library Catalog - Books, etc. in Ship Library
* EZ-Borrow - a cooperative catalog for borrowing books from 50+ academic libraries in Pennsylvania and the region, including Penn State and the University of Pennsylvania libraries.
* WorldCat - WorldCat provides free access to the world's largest library database of books, periodical titles, videos, internet resources, and other cataloged resources.
* ILLiad - InterLibrary Loan - borrow articles from other libraries