Early Alert Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Early Alert Program is to provide early intervention through the faculty/staff identification of students who may be facing academic and/or social challenges as well as those students who may be struggling as they transition into higher
education. This is a proactive program of outreach and student support.
The Early Alert Program Coordinator is dedicated to maintaining a system of connection, communication, and
collaboration between students and the campus community.
The goal of this program is to advocate for student success by:
- Identifying struggling students
- Increasing communication between students, faculty, advisors, and staff
- Increasing student awareness of campus resources
- Engaging students in their academic experience
What are the Early Alert Outcomes?
- Improved Academic and/or Personal Performance
- Adjustment to College
- Increased Engagement
For more information contact:
Felicia L. Shearer, Early Alert Program Coordinator