Admission to the Academic Success Program
The Academic Success Program (ASP) is offered to students transitioning from high school to college providing preparation to be academically successful. The program helps you jump-start your academic journey by allowing you to:
- Earn up to six college credits in the summer.
- Learn how to navigate the transition to college.
- Receive professional advising, counseling, tutoring, and supportive services.
- Students who have not met regular admission criteria may be considered for admission to the Academic Success Program (ASP).
Next Steps After Applying
- Prospective students may be asked to submit a copy of the student and guardian's completed tax returns.
- All information is reviewed by the Director of the Academic Success Program and the Dean of Admissions to determine eligibility for the program.
- Students are then notified by mail of the admission decision.
Financial Assistance for the Academic Success Program
- Students must complete an application to determine eligibility for financial assistance.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov by your state's deadline.
- Complete BOTH the 2015-16 FAFSA (for summer*) and the 2016-17 FAFSA (for fall).
- Shippensburg University's FA code is 003326.
- Shippensburg University's Financial Aid Office is available to assist students with filing the necessary forms.
- The Summer Bridge Program is offered at a reduced cost to students who qualify under the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) Act 101 guidelines.
*Students must pay for summer books and materials not covered by financial aid (an estimated cost of $300).