ASP Early StartProgram
All Early Start students must attend Summer Orientation.
If students are accepted into the ASPEarly StartProgram they are provided an extendedorientation to the roles and expectations of a Shippensburg student. The 2015 ESP Program is tentatively scheduled for Monday, August 22, 2016 through Friday, August 26, 2016.
TheEarly Start Program is a mandatory program that orients students to Shippensburg University. Students enrolled in the program must participate in a variety of activities and information sessions to successfully complete the program.
Students selected to participate in this program can expect to receive the following benefits:
- An extended orientation and early start to college life.
- A connection to the ASP faculty and staff.
- Guidance in utilizing the electronic resources required by the university, such as: e-mail, D2L, and the Banner System.
- An introduction to the general education curriculum and help seeking information about an intended major.
- Awareness of the university's academic policies and procedures.
- Increase student's awareness of institutional resources, such as the Learning Center, Office of Undeclared Students, Counseling Center, Campus Police, Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA), and the Office of Disability Services (ODS), among others.
- An understanding of the ASP resources available throughout their college career.
Services Provided by ASP
The Academic Success Program offers a number of services to new and returning students during both the summer and academic year. To learn more about the services listed below - click here.
First Year Experience Course (ASP101)
Peer Leader Program
Study Hall/Study Groups
Financial Aid Counseling
Tutoring Referrals to our campus Learning Center