International Undergraduate:
International Graduate:

Undergraduate Admissions: International Undergraduate Applicants

Random Student Images 

Requirements for International Undergraduate Applicants

In order to be officially accepted at Shippensburg University we must first review your academic credentials to determine your candidacy. Once you are academically admitted, we will then review your financial support to determine your eligibility for an I-20 to be issued.

To be considered for admission, Shippensburg University requires the following:

1.) Complete the Undergraduate Application for International Admissions.  

We strongly recommend you apply online as it will provide you with the quickest processing. 

2.) Pay the $45.00 USD application fee

3.) Provide proof of English proficiency.

    Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit official results of a test of English proficiency.  

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Our recommended score for the TOEFL is 66 for the internet-based test or 500 for the paper-based test. The recommended score for IELTS is 6.0.  (Shippensburg University's test code for the TOEFL is 2657)  

International applicants from a country where English is the native/official language may be exempted from the TOEFL or IELTS requirement, however, the SAT is required. 

4.) Submit A course-by-course evaluation of all foreign college, university, or secondary school work.  

    Shippensburg University requires all International applicants to hold the U.S. equivalent of a high school diploma.  If you are from a country outside of the United States and its territories, an official course-by-course evaluation of your foreign transcripts must be sent directly from World Education Services (, ECE (, or ICD (  Shippensburg University also accepts credentials that are evaluated by a NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluating Services) recognized evaluating entity. Examples of these entities can be found by visiting the NACES web link.

     Note: A Course-by-Course (CxC) report is required of all applicants (first year or transfer) applying to Shippensburg University. These documents should include the complete academic record/transcript indicating receipt of the secondary diploma/degree or the award of college credit. The cost of this evaluation is the responsibility of the student and is not part of the application fee.  Official, evaluated transcripts must: be sent directly from the evaluator to Shippensburg University. 


5.) Submit Financial Support Documentation 

When should I submit the application? 

While SHIP reviews applications on a rolling basis, we strongly recommend that applicants who live outside of the United States and its territories have all application materials for admission be submitted at least 4 (four) months prior to the semester in which you would like to enroll. Applicants are encouraged to have all application materials submitted together allowing for sufficient time to obtain a visa in your country. 

Final Deadline for Fall Semester--no later than July 25

Because of the extra steps involved for applicants outside of the country, the final deadline is June 15

Spring Semester--no later than September 30 

Summer Semester--no later than February 28 

Check the status of your application:

After you apply, we urge you to frequently check your application status. If there are any missing materials, we will periodically notify you via E-mail. You can also check your online status by clicking here: Shippensburg University Admissions Portal.

You've been accepted @ SHIP, now what?

Congratulations, now that you have been accepted at Shippensburg University, you must submit your I-20/Enrollment Confirmation Deposit before your I-20 will be generated and mailed to you. Please follow the steps listed on the SHIPBOUND Checklist for Admitted International Students to submit your deposit and confirm your enrollment.

You must use your I-20 form and your acceptance letter to apply to U.S. Immigration for an F-1 Student Visa. *Please  note: You will need to obtain your F-1 Student Visa  before you will be able to register for classes. Helpful information on applying for an F-1 visa in your home country can be found on our issuance page.

What if I have questions?

All Questions Should be Directed to:

Mr. Joseph A. Luna, III
Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Admissions  
Coordinator of International & Out of State Recruitment