Congratulations, you've been ACCEPTED!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania. Your enrollment at Ship will mark a new start for you. The following information will guide you through the simple steps you'll need to take to become "Ship Bound."
Your Next Steps: Accept Our Offer of Admission
Log In to the Portal
- Go to
ssb.ship.edu/admissions/ and click on "Check My Status."
- Enter your Login ID which is the SU ID# beginning with "600" found on your acceptance letter. Information regarding your PIN is also found on your acceptance letter.
- DISABLE ALL POP-UP BLOCKERS TO PROCESS A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT IN STEP #2. Click "Login"
Confirm Your Acceptance
- At the next screen, click on "Confirm Your Acceptance to Ship" button.
- A new window will open that will prompt you to pay the $100 deposit. (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. A 2.5% non-refundable convenience fee will be charged. There is no fee for payment by e-check.)
Confirm Your Housing Agreement (or Exemption)
- Click on "myHousing" to open a new window where you will choose the Housing Agreement or Commuter Agreement. Those choosing the Housing Agreement will then be prompted to pay the $200 Housing deposit and to select Housing preferences.
Activate Your Ship E-mail Account
- Click on "Activate you Ship Email address" for a new window that prompts you to set a password for your Ship e-mail account.
Logging into MyShip Portal for the First Time
If you have received an acceptance letter OR your have confirmed (paid your deposit) but have never logged into Self-Service Banner, then you must do the following:
Activate your Ship e-mail account and set a password
Your Ship e-mail address and password are used to authenticate you to all online systems at Ship. You will need to activate your Ship e-mail account and set a password. To do so:
- Log in to the Ship Admissions Portal
ssb.ship.edu/admissions/ with your SU ID and PIN to activate your account.
- After login, select Admission Term under Processed Applications.
- Click on the link to Activate Your Ship Email Address.
- The system will prompt you to set a password for your Ship e-mail account.
NOTE: Accepted students are given a userid that resembles an e-mail address. You cannot send or receive e-mail using this userid until after your admission is confirmed. Once you've paid the initial deposit, your userid becomes your official Shippensburg University e-mail address.
CONFIRMED STUDENTS may access their Ship e-mail at http://mail.ship.edu.
Accepted Student Timeline
As an admitted student, you can accept your offer of admission and pay your fees online through
ssb.ship.edu/admissions/ any time prior to May 1. If admitted after May 1, submit your acceptance and payment by the deadline listed in the offer of admission letter. Extensions of the confirmation deposit date may be requested by sending a letter to the
Dean of Admissions.
Accepted Student Checklist
After you've accepted your offer to attend Shippensburg University, be sure to complete the following:
- Submit your Medical Form in order to receive services at Etter Health Center. Current health-related requirements can be found at:
- Request to have your Final Transcript (including date of graduation) sent to the Office of Admissions. Failure to submit a final transcript will result in a hold on the applicant's file.
- Schedule Placement Testing. You may be required to take a placement test if you are majoring in English, reading, mathematics, or a foreign language. The
Placement Testing Office will contact you with test dates and which exams you must complete.
- Register for Orientation. The
Orientation programs, held prior to the beginning of the fall and spring semesters, are the first opportunity for you to become part of the Shippensburg University community. During orientation you will create your first semester class schedule.
- Pay your Semester Bill. Your Shippensburg University bill will be sent to you electronically at myShip. You will NOT receive a paper bill in the mail. You will receive an email, at your Shippensburg University email address, when your semester bill is available. Please contact the
Student Accounts Office with any questions.