Stone Ridge Commons
Stone Ridge Commons Image Gallery
To accommodate resident housing needs, Shippensburg University is
leasing coeducational housing spaces at Stone Ridge Commons.
Apartment Style Complex
Completed in 1999
- 2 bedroom - $ 2,360 2012-2013 per student per semester.
- Estimated cost $2,360 2013-2014 per student per semester
- 1 or 4 bedroom $ 3,400 2012-2013 per student per semester.
- Estimated cost $3,400 2013-2014 per student per semester.
Near Seth Grove football stadium, off Route 696
- Housing 234 men and women in single-gender apartments.
- Apartments consist of 3 one bedroom, 51 two bedroom, and 6 four bedroom apartments.
- One-bedroom apartments - housing two students in the bedroom of the apartment. Cost will be that of a traditional, on-campus residence hall plus a premium charge, plus a semester charge for utilities (gas, electric, sewer, and water). Premium and utilities charge will be included in Stone Ridge Commons premium room fees.
Two-bedroom apartments - housing two students in each bedroom of the apartment. Cost will be equal to that of a traditional, on-campus residence hall plus a semester charge for utilities (gas, electric, sewer, and water). Utilities charge will be included in Stone Ridge Commons room fees.
Four-bedroom apartments - housing one student in each bedroom of the apartment.Cost will be that of a traditional, on-campus residence hall plus a premium charge, plus a semester charge for utilities (gas, electric, sewer, and water). Premium and utilities charge will be included in Stone Ridge Commons premium room fees.
- The Stone Ridge apartment consists of bedroom(s), a living room, a full kitchen with major appliances (stove and refrigerator), and one bathroom. (Bedrooms are lockable.)
- Laundry facilities, vending areas, lounge areas, study rooms, and a conference room within complex.
- Air conditioned.
- Three cable TV hookups and cable TV service provided at no additional charge.
- Sprinkler system and smoke detectors.
- Exercise Center available within complex.
- Residents are responsible for payment of utilities (ResNet, gas, electric, water, and sewer).Utilities are charged per student per semester. Residents will be billed the utilities fee directly by the university with room fees. Garbage is provided at no additional charge (students are responsible for taking their own garbage to a dumpster located outside the building)
Click here for fees.
The apartment will be furnished by the University with the following:
- Twin-size bed with mattress (per student) - bed height is adjustable (between 8" and 30") and beds are bunkable.
- Dresser (per student).
- Portable desk with one chair (per student).
- Living room furniture providing seating for four.
- 30" x 30" pedestal table (four bedroom apts. have an extended counter and no table) with two chairs in the kitchen, dressers, desks, and twin size bed provided
- Bed rails are available upon request.
(The University does not assume any liability for injuries resulting from falling out of bed.)
- Mini blinds are provided
- Closet space is available
- Major appliances (stove and refrigerator) are provided
|Desk ||Bed ||Closet ||Dresser ||Window ||Curtain Rod |
|42" Wide ||39.5" Wide ||36" Wide ||47" Wide ||36.5" Wide || |
|24" Deep ||79.5" Deep ||24" Deep ||30" Deep || ||62" Long |
|30" Tall ||34.5" Tall ||95" Tall ||30" Tall || || |
- Local phone service is provided (no phones provided).
- Long distance services are available through your home or non-subscriber calling card provider or through Stone Ridge Commons.
Each apartment has oneinternetconnection per student and internet service are provided at no additional charge
Students residing in leased housing with full kitchens are not required to take a University meal plan.
The University does not assume any legal obligations to pay for the loss of or damage to items of personal property. Therefore, students or parents are encouraged to carry appropriate insurance to cover such losses.
All Apartments are Smoke Free
Cars / Parking
Students must secure a parking permit from Stone Ridge Commons
Vending / Laundry
- Vending machines are located within the complex
- Coin-operated laundry facilities are located within the complex.
Rules & Regulations
Students residing in leased housing are required to follow University Student Code of Conduct rules and regulations, as well as rules and regulations specific to the leased housing facility.