Application Process and Deadlines
We recommend that you begin the study abroad application process at least one year in advance in order to have enough time to complete all paperwork and plan accordingly for your time overseas. Please follow these five steps to complete the application process:
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 session
- Contact the International Programs Office at (717) 477-1279 to schedule an appointment with an advisor, or stop by during walk-in hours:Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: Noon - 2:00 pm
- Choose a location and program of study
- Complete all applications from the program you've chosen and the International Programs Office
- Submit applications, an official transcript, and all other documentation required by the appropriate deadlines
For students who have a documented disability and will need accommodations abroad, please contact theOffice of Disability Services.
Planning ahead is key to a successful study abroad experience. You must submit all of the necessary paperwork on time. Deadlines for upcoming study abroad terms follow:
- Summer 2016: March 25, 2016
- Fall 2016: March 25, 2016
Be aware that deadlines for some overseas programs are earlier than the deadlines set by the International Programs Office at Shippensburg.
NOTE: Different overseas universities and programs have various requirements for their applications. It is your responsibility to ensure all documentation is submitted on time. When in doubt, check with an advisor!
Deadlines exist so you can manage your time appropriately to schedule classes, acquire a passport/visa, and prepare for life overseas. If you are unsure of what you need to do in order to meet your deadline, contact the International Programs Office at (717) 477-1279.