Accomplishments of SU faculty, employees
Following is a list of presentations, awards, honors and other achievements by or to Shippensburg University faculty and other members of the campus community. If you need further information, please call 477-1202.
- Dr. PABLO DELIS, associate professor of biology, and a co-re¬searcher presented part of their ongoing research “Variability in snake assemblage structure at sites in the Letterkenny Army Depot in south-central Pennsylvania” at the 2010 Joint Meeting of the Herpetologists’ League, American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, and the Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles. At that meeting, he was invited to participate as a poster presentation judge for the 2010 Stoyers’ Student Award in ecology.
- Dr. MARGARET LUCIA, professor of music, presented a lecture-recital at the annual meeting of the College Music Society in Minneapolis Sept. 23-26. Her program, “Night Music and Harmonic Daydreams,” featured solo piano works by Frederic Chopin, and Pennsylvania composers Samuel Barber and Aaron Jay Kernis.
- Dr. CORINNE EISENHART, assistant professor of educational leadership, co-authored the study “The Practices of Successful High-Implementing Reading First Schools: A Study Based on Reading First Programs in Alabama, California, Illinois, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.” The study was requested by the U.S Government and the findings published by the U.S. Department of Education. Also, as a member of the National Reading Technical Assistance Center, she provides consultation and professional development on literacy leadership to state education departments on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Dr. JOSÉ G. RICARDO-OSORIO, associate professor of modern languages, was elected to the executive council of the Pennsylvania State Modern Languages Association for three years.
- Several members of the mathematics department were involved in the second annual Cumberland Valley Math Modeling Challenge at the university. Professor BEN GALLUZZO was the event director with help from PAUL TAYLOR, LANCE BRYANT, DOUG ENSLEY, TOM CROCHUNIS, and SHANNON MORTIMORE.