National Distance Learning Week
Sponsored by the United States Distance Learning Association, National Distance Learning Week (NDLW) seeks to promote and celebrate the tremendous growth and accomplishments occurring today in distance learning programs offered by schools, businesses, and governmental departments.
In support of distance education pedagogies, take note of the following resources available to faculty, staff, and administrators at SU:
Conferences and Webinars
United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) Webinars:Aseries of free webinars isavailable from the United States DistanceLearning Association (USDLA). In addition,USDLA has made their archived 2008-2010 NDLW webinars availablefree of charge.The full list of webinars and registration is available athttp://www.usdla.org/index.php?cid=115.
Instructional Technology Council (ITC) Webinar: For information and registration go to http://www.itcnetwork.org/webinars.html.
PA/DE/NJ Distance Learning Association: For more information and registration go to http://www.padla.org/.
- Shippensburg University's Instructional Design and Web Technologies (IDWT)- View the IDWT website for information on workshops, D2L, andone-on-one support.
- PASSHE Copyright Course – This resource is available via secure login using your SU email and password.
- PASSHE Online Teaching Resources – This list of just-in-time resources for distance education is available via secure login, using your SU email and password.
- Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education (Online Learning)- new guidelines from theMiddle States Commission on Higher Education
- Quality Scorecard for the Administration of Online Programs: A Work in Progress- Sloan-C Consortium
- Best Practice Strategies to Promote Academic Integrity in Online Education, WCET, ITC, and UT-Telecampus, June 2009
- The Horizon Project- Horizon Publications
- Class Differences: Online Education in the United States 2010 - 8th annual Sloan-C Consortiumsurvey of online education
- Grade Change: Tracking the Online Education in the United States, 2013 - 11th annual Sloan-Consortium survey of online education
- Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning: A Meta-Analysis and Review of Online Learning Studies, US Department of Education, September 2010
- Years of Research on the Academic Performance Differences Between Traditional and Distance Learning: Summative Meta-Analysis and Trend Examination, M. Shachar & Y. Neumann, MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching Vol. 6, No. 2, June 2010
- Evidence of Quality in Distance Education Programs Drawn from Interviews with the Accreditation Community, US Dept of Education, March 2006
- Online Learning as a Strategic Asset - Volume I: A Resource for Campus Leaders - Association of Public and Land Grant Universities, Aug 2009
- Online Learning as a Strategic Asset - Volume II: The Paradox of Faculty Voices. Views and Experiences with Online Learning - Association of Public and Land Grant Universities, Aug 2009
- 2010 Managing Online Education Survey, WCET and Campus Computing Project, 2010
- Learning on Demand: Online Education in the United States in 2009 – I.E. Allen and J. Seaman, Babson Survey Research Group and The Sloan Consortium
- ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2010 - S.D. Smith and J.B. Caruso, EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research
- Trends in e-Learning: Tracking the Impact of e-Learning at Community Colleges – The Instructional Technology Council, April 2014