Campus Based Scholarships (2-4 year)
scholarships are offered to students who were not offered or did not
apply for the High School ROTC Scholarship or Green to Gold program.
These scholarships are extremely limited and may range in length from
2-4 years. Scholarships pay for full tuition and mandatory fees, for
both resident and non-resident students. Scholarship awardees also
receive a book allowance and a tax-free monthly stipend to defray the
cost of living. Applications can be submitted year round to the
Department of Military Science.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must not reach 27 years of age by June 30 of the year you will graduate from college
- If you are taking or have
taken college courses you must be considered an academic sophomore
for the 3-Year and an academic junior for the 2-year Scholarship, and
have the same number of years remaining for a baccalaureate degree
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Satisfactory explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction
- Have no moral or personal conviction against bearing arms or supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
advancing to further scholarship consideration are scheduled for a
medical examination and a personal interview. See above.
If you are selected for a ROTC Scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract with the Secretary of the Army.
- Attend a 5-week Leadership Development and Assessment Course (AKA Warrior Forge) between your Junior and Senior Year.
- Accept a Commission to serve on Army active duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves upon degree completion.
- Serve in the military for a period of 8 years. This may be fulfilled by one of the following:
- Serving active duty, if selected,
for 4 years followed by 4 years of service in the Inactive Ready
Reserve(IRR)/National Guard/Army Reserves. You may elect to serve 8
years or longer on active duty, but only the first 4 are required.
Terms of obligation begin at the time of commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in the National
Guard/Army Reserves,that includes a 3-6 month active duty term for
initial training. Terms of obligation begin at time of commissioning.
Early Arrival Program
August 23-24, 2016
8am - 4pm
If you are new to ROTC, this two-day program is for you!
Times and details will be sent to you in August if you are
enrolled in Military Science 131. If you still need to
enroll please contact Dr. Hasper.
October 27, 2016
For current Shippensburg ROTC cadets.
37th Annual 5k/10k Race
October 29, 2016
Held annually on Homecoming Weekend, this fun race
is run on and around the Shippensburg University
campus, with a portion of the proceeds going to the
Wounded Warrior Project.
Annual Officer-Ship Seminar
November 12, 2016
9am - 12pm in Grove Hall (Room 101)
This seminar is designed to give high school Juniors,
Seniors, and their parents detailed, in-depth
information about college ROTC, the ROTC Scholarship
process, and careers as an Army Officer.
Registration opens October 1, 2016
Dr. Joseph Hasper
ROTC Enrollment Officer
Wright Hall 207
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257
For pay, contract, and travel issues contact:
Mr. Byron Stouffer
Wright Hall 206
For uniform or equipment issues contact:
Mr. Rodney Oberbroeckling
Wright Hall 018