Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
The ARNG Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) Program provides financial assistance to part-time ARNG soldiers in support of their professional and personal self-development goals.
- Must have a valid expense from an accredited school.
- For traditional part-time drilling soldiers, members on ADSW / ADT, or mobilized commissioned officers.
- Eligible beginning the day member joins ARNG, even. prior to boot camp or AIT or while yet in High School.
- Officers must serve 4 years after course completion.
- Enlisted must simply remain in the ARNG during term of courses.
- Members receiving an ROTC scholarship are not eligible.
(effective 1 Oct 2004) - *ARNG FTA operates on a limited budget and is NOT a guaranteed benefit. It is offered on a 'first come, first served' basis.*
- 100% of tuition and authorized fees with tuition caps of: $250 per semester hour, and $167 per quarter hour.
- An authorized fee is a fee charged to all students for enrollment purposes or is directly related to the instruction of the course.
- Credentials at the associate, bachelor, or master degree level and a vocational/technical certification and licensing.
- $4,500 max per soldier, per FY, including fees.
- High School or equivalency level may be funded at 100% of tuition and fees, but are still limited to the $4,500 annual cap.
- May be used with the MGIB-Selected Reserve (SR) or MGIB-Active Duty (AD) for the same course based on the following;
- MGIB-SR participants must be enrolled at least 1/2 time or more to combine benefits.
- MGIB-AD participants who are drawing GI Bill-Kicker benefits are NOT eligible for ARNG FTA.
- ARNG recommends that schools apply FTA prior to Pell Grants, to allow for maximizing benefit for student financial needs.
How to Apply:
All applications for FTA must be submitted to arrive at the Education Office prior to the first day of the semester.