Updating Navigation Menus
Auto-navigation Curated/supplemental navigation
Add pages to Auto-navigation
- Select the page to be included in All Properties view.
- Click Display in navigation.
- In the Content area, select Display breadcrumbs on page and Display auto left navigation.
Exempt pages from auto-navigation
- Pages that are linked from other pages, but are not to be included in the navigation can be excluded.
- Select the page to be excluded and select All Properties view.
- Deselect Display in navigation.
- Click Publish? > Publish Changes.
- The auto-navigation and breadcrumbs are determined by file name and file location in the navigation pane. These will change on the web site pages as files are moved in the navigation pane.
- Select the page in the navigation pane. Hold down the mouse button and move to desired location
- Release mouse click at the desired location to drop the page in place.
- The following warning will pop-up, click Yes.
- The page navigation view on site.
Curated or supplemental menus
- In the Page Navigator, go the main file. Click on the file.
- Without going into the page edit mode, select the toggle assets pane.
- Select Blocks.
- Scroll down to the bottom to For This Page
- Select the hamburger menu to the right for Left Nav 1 to edit
- Click in the gray space above the yellow bar to make the assets pane disappear. DO NOT click on an icon.
- Click on the All Properties (bulleted list) icon
- Scroll down your menu and click create a new link.
Create Link Form
- The above actions will open a Create Link pop-up window.
- Link name is what will appear on the menu.
- Title is not required.
- Open in new window selection is only needed for an external link.
- Select the type of link.
- Page is for content pages.
- Media is for PDFs, documents and images.
- Email is for emails.
- External link is for links to external websites.
- The remaining URL is not required.
- If the link is a Ship page or a media link, scroll to file using the ellipses box
- Click OK.
- After the link is added, click on the link in the list. Then, drag it up the list to desired location.
- When done, click Publish? > Publish.