Professional and Workforce Development
Shippensburg University's Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education is working continually to create new and relevant non-credit professional development programs to help you excel in your career.
Don't see the right program?
Fill out our Professional Development Interest Form to let us know what programs you're interested in, and we'll notify you when those programs are available.
- Administrative Assistant with Bookkeeping & Quickbooks®
- Professional Bookkeeping Certification Preparation Course
These self-paced online courses and certificates are offered in partnership with MindEdge.
- Cybersecurity and CISSP®
- Data Analytics
- Emergency Management
- Front-End Web Developer
- Nonprofit Management
- Security Awareness Training
- Career Building (offered in partnership with MindEdge.)
- Emotional Intelligence Work Skills
- Remote Work Skills Training for Small Businesses and Job Seekers
- Small Business Marketing Courses
- Soft Skills Certificate
- Certified Bookkeeper (CB)
- CompTIA Security+
- Online Certified Marketing Associate (OMCA)
- GED (coming soon!)
Self-paced, online programs
- Dental Assistant with Externship
- Hemodialysis Technician with Externship
- Medical Assistant with Externship
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Personal Care Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician (ASHP/ACPE)
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Physical Therapy Aide
Science and Geography
- Mental Health Toolbox: A Mindfulness Workshop
- Advanced All-Grain Home Brewing
- Intro to Home Brewing
- Brew Science Speaker Series
- Post-Master's Advanced Clinical Certificate
- Strategies for Success: Preparing for Your Online Interview
State and Federal Approved Trade Programs
Shippensburg University has multiple trade programs approved for funding assistance through the U.S. Department of Labor and/or PA CareerLink. To see the full list, visit out Federal and State Approved Trade Programs page.
Small Business Development Center
Looking to start or grow your small business? The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Shippensburg University is an accredited affiliate of the National Network of Small Business Development Centers and provides no-cost confidential consulting and low cost training to small business owners and potential entrepreneurs in Adams, Cumberland, Franklin and York counties.