Applicants must submit a resume with the application
Timeline of application and selection of participants:
- NEW DATE - Application Deadline
- NEW DATE - Selected Applicants Notified
All applications and inquiries are handled through our website. Please direct all inquiries to the program administrator NEED EMAIL ADDRESS.
This program is open to undergraduate and graduate students in STEM, STEM Education, Public Health or Social Sciences.
We welcome students who are members of underrepresented groups.
Competitive applicants should have a good GPA, especially in the field of their major, strong reference letters. Work experience, research experience and involvement in extracurricular activities will also be a plus.
Note: Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
Applicant's must keep in mind the following points when submitting their application.
- Names of two professional references. We will contact them if applicant is shortlisted
- Include a paragraph describing your future plans. What are your academic and career goals, and your plans to achieve them?
- Include a paragraph describing your research interests. This project focuses on water and sanitation challenges and solutions. We will study technological, and socioeconomic aspects of water and sanitation in a multidisciplinary research setting. What interests you the most and why?
- Provide a paragraph about any travel abroad experiences and/or why you would want to travel to Ghana. International travel abroad experience is NOT required for this opportunity. We are interested in what your expectations are about water and sanitation in Ghana and what you could get out of the experience.