Information Regarding Reimbursements
March 20, 2020
Page details updated 3/21/2020 at 4:30pm
As the University continues to navigate the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we realize these times pose a financial strain for many members of the Shippensburg community. In an effort to help alleviate some of these concerns, the University is providing information regarding prorated reimbursements for housing, meal plans, and fees.
Students will receive housing and dining prorated refunds for the length of time they are not living on campus or not accessing campus food services. The prorated refund amount is a balance due from the total paid, and does not include the expenses incurred while living on campus.
Students will also receive prorated refunds for the Student Recreation Center Fee, the Student Union Fee, the Student Activity Fee, and the Parking Fee. Given that classes are continuing online, tuition and academic/student success fees will not be refunded. Refunds will only be provided to students who remain enrolled for the remainder of the semester.
Refunds for eligible students will be posted to student accounts starting the week of March 30, 2020. Details on refunds will be shared directly with students via their ship.edu email accounts. Any questions regarding refunds can be directed to email@example.com.
We are grateful for the way our entire community is coming together to keep each other safe and healthy during this time. We are committed to working with you to help alleviate your concerns and answer your questions. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
Dr. Scott Barton
Vice President for Administration and Finance
With half of the semester completed, students may expect the following prorated refunds:
- Students will receive a 50% refund.
- Weekly Meal Plans (19-meals, 15-meals, 10-meals, 5-meal plans): Students will receive a 50% refund.
- Block Meal Plans (225 meals, 175 meals, 75 meals): Students will be refunded for the number of unused meals. For example, if a student has a 175 meal block plan and used 100 meals, they will be refunded for 75 meals.
- Flex Dollars: Students will receive a refund of all unused Flex Dollars.
- Student Union Fee: Students will receive a 50% refund.
- Recreation Fee: Students will receive a 50% refund.
- Activity Fee: Students will receive a 50% refund.