Fall Career & Internship Fair
September 30th, 2022
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Find more information on Ship Career Connection
What does a career fair look like?
A career fair is a recruiting event where a large number of employers meet with job seekers to provide information about general career opportunities as well as specific details on current openings. Career fairs are a good way to meet and connect with representatives from a variety of companies and organizations while also improving networking and professional skills.
Students will be able to chat with employers attending the fair, in-person, at ShipRec. They will be able to introduce themselves and ask them any questions that they may have.
For more information on how to access Ship Career Connection, register for the fair, see a list of employers attending, access more resources on building/formatting a resume, and how to chat during the fair please see the resource tabs below.
What is the difference between an “in-person” versus “virtual” career fair?
In-person career fairs and virtual career fairs operate differently, though your goals for attending may be the same. If you've attended an in-person fair before, this will be a different kind of experience with different advantages.
In-Person Virtual Large arena space like ShipRec Completely online through Ship Career Connection 100+ employers per day Approx. 50 employers per day 1 day possible multiple days of fairs Interact with one of several employer representatives Sign up for a 10-minute timeslot to interact with representatives via video, audio, or chat Employers are available for an extended period throughout the event Build a schedule that is more flexible around your other commitments Option to mill around and "bump into" interesting employers More targeted approach to identifying employers to chat with
Companies Attending the Fall 2022 Career & Internship Fair
Click on the company name for more information
Employers as Partners:
- East Penn Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- Fastenal Company
- Fulton Bank
- Nexterus, Inc.
- Target Distribution
- The MENTOR Network
- Ulta Beauty
- Volvo Group North America
- ADUSA Supply Chain
- Allen Distribution
- Flagger Force
- GDC (Global Data Consultants)
- H&R Block
- Mid Penn Bank
- Northwestern Mutual Harrisburg
- Office Depot
- The Exterior Company
- ABC Supply
- Abraxas Youth and Family Service
- Aflac Capital Region
- Angels On Call
- APR Supply Company
- Arlington County Police Department
- Armstrong World Industries
- Army Heritage Center Foundation
- Aveanna Healthcare
- Board of Child Care
- Brooklane Health Services
- Capital Blue Cross
- Case Management Unit
- Cinteot Inc.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Conewago Enterprises, Inc.
- County of Adams
- Cumberland County
- Dauphin County
- Delaware State Police
- DHL Supply Chain
- Easterseals Western and Central PA
- Engineering Consulting Services
- Family Centered Services, LLC
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- FedEx Ground
- Gift CPAs
- Hajoca Corporation
- Helping Hands Family
- Hersha Hospitality Management
- Hoffman Homes for Youth
- Hub Labels
- J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.
- JFC Staffing Companies
- JHA Companies
- Kaleidoscope Family Solutions
- Laurel Life
- LB Water
- Letterkenny Army Depot
- Lift, Inc.
- Martin's Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc.
- Mellott Company
- Members 1st Federal Credit Union
- Microchip Technology
- Montgomery County Police
- Morgan Logistics
- NAPA Transportation
- Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP)
- New Castle County Police Department
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- JLG Industries/ Oshkosh Corporation
- Peace Corps
- Pennsylvania Auditor General
- Pennsylvania College Advising Corps (PCAC)
- Pennsylvania Counseling Services
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Penske Truck Leasing
- Person Directed Supports, Inc.
- Ponessa Behavioral Health
- Potomac Case Management
- PPL Corporation
- Prince William County Police Department
- Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center
- Ritter Insurance Marketing
- Ross Buehler Falk & Company, LLP
- SC&H Group
- SEI Investment Manager Services
- Shippensburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Graduate School at Shippensburg University
- Simon Lever
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc
- Substitute Teacher Service, Inc.
- Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. (TTi)
- The Arc of Cumberland and Perry Counties
- The Carlisle Group
- Traditions Bank
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- UHS of Delaware, Inc. - Roxbury Treatment Center
- Wellspan Health
- West Chester University Graduate School
- Yellow Breeches Educational Center
- York County Office of Children, Youth & Families
- York Revolution
How to Prepare for the Fair
Getting your Resume Ready: we are offering several options for students to craft their resume and get them reviewed by our professional staff.
- Students can schedule an appointment to get their resume reviewed by our staff by calling 717-477-1484.
- On Septmber 26th from 12:00pm- 6:00pm, we are having Resumania which will provide students with valuable resume critiques.
We also have several resources on creating a resume:
Job Fair Success Workshops - VIRTUAL
- 9/27 at 3:30pm (Zoom ID: 985 1940 3496)
- 9/29 at 12:30pm (Zoom ID: 985 1940 3496)
Career Fair Success Strategies and Questions:
Additional Resources from the Central PA Employment Consortium:
Contact our office for additional tips!
To Create a Ship Career Connection Account: please visit the employer login page. Complete the required fields, and create a username and password. You will need your username and password to access your account in the future. If you have forgotten your password, please see the Employer FAQs. The employer reference sheet is also helpful in creating your account.
Additional Recruitment Methods:
There are several ways to recruit top talent from Shippensburg University. The list below outlines some of the most popular methods. Please contact the Center, to discuss a personalized plan for your organization, firstname.lastname@example.org (717) 477-1484.
Post Vacancies on Ship Career Connection: SHIP Career Connection is a free, online job, and internship opportunity database (powered by Handshake) that offers recruiting services for students, alumni, employers, faculty and staff. Some of the great services available through SHIP Career Connection include: internship and job search, posting your resume for employers/organizations to view, on-campus recruiting, career event registration, and more.
Career Fairs & Networking Expos: Held each fall and spring, Shippensburg University's career fairs/volunteering expos are a great way to connect with Shippensburg University students. Please see upcoming events for a full schedule of programs.
Our Upcoming Events:
Faculty can encourage their students to attend the virtual career fair. We can help host workshops such as: how to build a resume, providing resume reviews to students, and how to follow up with employers after the fair. To learn more about upcoming events, click here.
Available Resources for Students:
We have lots of resources for students to help them prepare for the career fair and their job search. Below are some of these resources:
Preparing for the Fair:
Once a Raider, always a Raider! Just because you’ve graduated doesn’t mean you can’t utilize the CMPDC’s services and events. Our website, online resources, SHIP Career Connection, and attendance at job fairs are always available to assist you in your career development. Our in-person services (resume review, career counseling, mock interview) are offered to you by appointment. For questions, please contact our office, at (717) 477-1484
To get connected to students and alumni today, go to SHIP Connects, SU’s online networking platform. It’s a great way to reconnect with classmates, connect with new alumni and be available for students curious about your career path as they pursue their own.
If you would like to set up a one-on-one appointment to have your resume looked at, contact our office at email@example.com or 717-144-1848.
Career Fair Strategies and Questions: