Proteus: A Journal of Ideas is an annual peer-reviewed journal that is organized around a topic that is determined by the editors. Usually by January, a call for papers will be posted to this page as well as distributed through a variety of appropriate listservs and other online cfp websites. The call for papers describes the issue’s theme and lists the submission deadline (typically mid-April).
- Full manuscripts related to the issue’s theme are accepted through email (email@example.com), preferably as Word attachments.
- We accept both creative and scholarly works, including photography.
- Because we use a blind review process, please do not include your name on the manuscript.
You may include your name and contact information in the email or, if you prefer, included a cover page.
- The journal is published in November, so you can expect to hear a decision in two to three months from the submission deadline (since we do not begin the review process until after the deadline passes).
- Scholarly submissions are usually in the 5000-9000 word range, though there is no set minimum or maximum.
- We use a version of Chicago Style documentation; our Style Sheet can be found here.
Manuscript submissions do not need to be in Chicago, but if your manuscript is accepted for publication you will be asked to convert the article to conform to our style sheet.
Any inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.