Summer Orientation 2018: June 18 - June 29
Applications are due by February 9th, 2018.
Applicants will participate in one of our carousel processes on either:
Friday, February 23th or Sunday, February 25th.
Applicants will also go through individual interviews on Tuesday, February 27th.
Orientation Leaders are expected to serve as peer educators, group facilitators, resource contacts, and role models to new first-year and transfer students, as well as their families in the adjustment and transition to Shippensburg University. Students will show respect and consideration for all members of the faculty, staff, administration, students, guests, and their property.
To be eligible, each candidate must:
Uphold the four Pillars of New Student Orientation
Encompass the core skills of an Orientation Leader
- Public speaking
Orientation Leaders are required to:
- Arrive on campus on June 10th and attend all training sessions from June 9th - June 17th.
- Attend all program days from June 18th - June 29th.
- Live in on-campus housing throughout training and program. Housing, meals and pay will also be provided.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.2 GPA.
- Students will not be able to take courses during the first summer term.
- Abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the student handbook, The Swataney.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism. This includes but is not limited to: abstaining from the use of profanity or inappropriate language, and maintaining appropriate boundaries between team members, students, and guests.