Curriculum and Instruction, Secondary Mathematics Concentration, M.Ed.
The Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with a secondary mathematics concentration program is for students with teaching certificates or those seeking certification.
Get more info
What Will I Learn?
Core program requirements are broken down into four main areas:
- Curriculum and assessment
- Effective teaching and leadership
- The learner
- Focus on research
Beyond that, there are 18 credits required in the mathematics cluster.
What are the requirements for this degree?
In this concentration, you must take:
- 18 credits of requisite education courses
- 18 credits of mathematics courses
The Graduate Catalog provides specific details about courses and requirements.
Admissions for the program are accepted on an ongoing and rolling basis for future semesters. Please allow at least two months lead time for processing paperwork, scheduling interviews and completing the application packet.
You must meet these requirements to be considered for admission:
- Have a degree in education from a regionally accredited college or university and provide official transcripts of all undergraduate/graduate work.
- Have an undergraduate overall GPA of 2.75 or an approved score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- Complete a questionnaire referencing teaching background and future goals through the “Program Statement/Questionnaire” link in your Ship Admission portal.
- Submit three references in the recommendations tab through your Ship Admission Portal. An automated email will be sent for their recommendation.
There will be interviews upon request.
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
This program will help you learn the skills to enhance your current teaching position or move into administrative or leadership positions.
What Kinds of Experiences Could I Have on Campus?
The degree is designed to enhance teaching and learning through exploration of theoretical principles and practical applications to educational settings.
There are also opportunities to conduct and present research during your time at Shippensburg University.