International Studies Minor
The international studies minor prepares you to navigate a rapidly changing, globalized world. It can provide great preparation for international jobs, scholarships and graduate school.
What Will I Learn?
Core courses provide background on countries and cultures of the world as well as the forces of globalization knitting them together.
What are the requirements for this degree?
This minor requires 21 credits:
- Six credits of required courses
- Six credits of core courses
- Nine credits of electives offered from many different areas (you must take electives in at least two disciplines)
This minor is commonly paired with these majors and more:
- Political science
- Supply chain management
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
- International business
- International education
- International development
- Peace Corps
- Immigrant social and legal services
- Customs/immigration agent
- International risk consultant
- Intelligence analyst
- International law
What Kinds of Experiences Could I Have?
Studying abroad is an option that provides experience that deepen knowledge of foreign cultures and leads to jobs. Our students have studied in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. There are also plenty of opportunities to get involved with groups and events on campus that involve speakers, trips, films and many other activities.