Graduate Admissions Application Checklist
Thank you for your interest in Shippensburg University's School of Graduate Studies. It is our goal to make the application process as painless and simple as possible. You must submit all required documents to us before we can provide an offer of admission. The following checklist will help you complete the application process.
- Choose a Graduate program. Ship offers Master's, Post-Master's, Certificate and Certification programs, and post-bachelor's programs. A full listing of programs is located on the Graduate Studies page.
- Complete a Graduate Admissions Application. For quicker processing, apply online; however paper applications can be requested by contacting the Office of Admissions. A $45.00 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of submission.
- Submit official transcripts. Include each and every institution that has awarded you college credit. This allows us to have the most accurate view of your academic history. At a minimum you must show you have been awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Electronic transcripts must be sent directly from the institution, or mailed to: Shippensburg University, Office of Graduate Admissions, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg PA 17257. Emailed copies or scanned copies sent directly from the student will not be accepted.
- Applicants may be required to take the GRE, MAT, or GMAT. This is most common for applicants with a GPA below 2.75. Testing requirements are listed on the Admissions Requirements page. International applicants should also visit the International Requirements page.
- Check your graduate program requirements for supplemental application materials. A complete listing of all graduate programs and their individual supplemental requirements can be found on the Admissions Requirements page. Please note your file is not complete until we receive all of these supplemental documents.
- Submit supplemental materials by email as a PDF or Word document attachment to GradAdmiss@ship.edu. Be sure to submit these items prior to the application deadline. You may also send documents via postal mail or facsimile to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Track your application status. Ship’s online portal allows you to check your application and see which items are still outstanding.
Application Review Process
Once you have successfully completed the application process, your file will be sent to the academic department for initial review. Faculty within that department will review your application and may contact you to schedule a formal interview. After the review process the Chair of the academic department will submit a recommendation to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. The Office of Graduate Admissions will complete a secondary review and a decision will be rendered. Decisions will be sent to the applicant via postal mail. You are encouraged to routinely check your application status online.
Questions? Contact us
Email the Office of Graduate Admissions at GradAdmiss@ship.edu or call (717) 477-1213.