Graduate Coursework in Behavior Analysis
The Department of Psychology at Shippensburg University is pleased to offer graduate level coursework in behavior analysis at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg, PA beginning Summer 2018. All courses will be taught by board-certified behavior analysts with clinical experience, and this course sequence has been officially approved by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board.
Courses are designed for:
- Individuals who have earned Master’s degrees in Psychology or Special Education, leading to certification in behavior analysis*
- Working professionals - All courses will be offered in the evenings on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- You can complete all 6 courses within just 1 year.
Please note: Certification in behavior analysis requires a supervised field work component in addition to coursework. Shippensburg University does not provide the opportunity for supervised field work for Post-Master’s students. For additional information on these requirements, visit the Behavior Analysis Certification Board.
All courses are three credits and either five or eight weeks long. For full program and course descriptions, review the Graduate Catalog.
- PSY 518: Introduction to Behavior Analysis
- PSY 536: Behavioral Research and Ethics
- PSY 595: Selected Topics - Ethics in Behavior Analysis
- This course will focus on the ethical considerations necessary when undertaking behavioral assessment and treatment procedures in applied settings such as schools and group homes. The course will be a seminar, with discussion and role play of situations in which ethics must be evaluated and applied. Guidelines for conducting ethical behavioral research and the potential impact on treatment goals will also be discussed.
- PSY 535: Behavioral Assessment
- PSY 543: Behavioral Treatment & Systems Support
- PSY 512: Theories of Learning
Shippensburg University reserves the right to cancel any courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
Current & Past Students
Log in to your MyShip Portal using your Ship email address and password to register for courses.
Review the Non-Degree/Visiting Students application instructions.
Information about tuition, fees, paying your bill, and the refund and withdraw policies are available on the Student Accounts page.
For additional questions regarding tuition and financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you are receiving financial assistance from your employer to pay your tuition and/or fees, you must complete the Employer Reimbursement Tuition Deferment Application.