Welcome International Students
Join the International Student community at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania. Our campus offers a diverse and welcoming environment with experienced faculty whom are dedicated to providing you with a world-class education. Students from approximately 20 different countries are currently making their dreams of higher education become reality at SHIP. Shippensburg University provides its International students with a student population that is friendly, active, and engaged in any of the numerous services and clubs that are specifically designed to make your stay with us as exciting and enjoyable as possible. The education and opportunities that Shippensburg University provides its students have yielded both immediate and long-term benefits to our graduates.
Why Study at Shippensburg?
- Shippensburg University offers academic programs that are both nationally and internationally accredited.
- The U.S News & World Report ranked Shippensburg University 21st among the top public universities in the North Region in its 2011 annual report.
- SHIP offers a wide variety of academically challenging programs and continues to be an affordable and economic choice for study within the U.S
- International Student Organization (ISO) - Organized to promote an exchange of cultural and global perspectives, the ISO welcomes both international and American students.
Where do SHIP's International Students call home?
Cuntries represented include Austria, Belgium, Burma, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Ethiopia, Germany, India, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Niger, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
Related Informational Sites
TOEFL - Everything You Need to Know!
eduPass: Guide to Studying in the USA
eduPass: Student Loans for International Students
Selected Funding Opportunities Open to Non-U.S. Citizens
Loans for Latin American and Caribbean Students
Institute for International Education (IIE) funding sources in the U.S.
*Please note, these sites are strictly informational and may not be applicable to Shippensburg University. Funding sources may vary depending on level of education in which you are pursuing (i.e. Undergraduate programs versus Graduate programs.) Shippensburg University provides these links as information and cannot answer questions.*
Contact Information for International Students
- Jeremy R. Goshorn, Assistant Dean of Graduate Admissions
Office of Admissions
- Joseph A. Luna, III, Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
Office of Admissions
Immigration status and visa-related concerns? Please contact:
Mary Sloan-Burnett, Director International Programs
Student Life Center-MCL117
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257