The PASSHE-wide Energy reduction contest ended on April 11th. Thank you for your participation and efforts!!
Overall, there was a reduction of about 5% in electricity consumption, resulting in an estimated savings across campuses of $38,567.
Looking for ways to reduce energy?
- Shut off lights when not in use, including dorm rooms, LCD projector lamps in classrooms, classroom building hallway lights on the weekends
- Unplug AC adaptors when you are not charging your devices
- Turn off computers at night
- Exercise outdoors rather than indoors
- Walk the stairs if you can, rather than using elevators
- Keep windows/doors closed if heating systems are operating
- Avoiding the use of portable electric heaters
- Adjusting your thermostat down a few degrees during the heating season (or up during the cooling season).
Participating universities were: Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, Edinboro, Indiana, Lock Haven, Millersville, Shippensburg, Slippery Rock, and West Chester