Faculty Supervisor Requirements
- Review monthly student intern reports to ensure students perform the duties/responsibilities as stated in employer job descriptions.
- Review other student documents (see Student Requirements).
- Schedule a meeting with the work supervisor and the intern near the middle of the internship experience. Meetings should take place in person at the work site. Conference calls may be used in lieu of personal visits if schedules and/or distance make a face-to-face meeting impractical. Additional phone calls with the employer and intern are recommended to supplement on-site visits if necessary.
- Complete a formal, written midterm evaluation of the intern (the Internship Office will provide a link to the evaluation by email).
- Submit intern grades to the Registrar's Office at the conclusion of the internship. Grades should be determined based upon the quality of work performed as evaluated by the employer (i.e., as indicated on evaluation form) and the quality of the documents submitted by the student intern as evaluated by the faculty supervisor. A copy of the employer's intern evaluation form will be given to the faculty supervisor upon receipt of the form from the employer.
- Consult with the director of the Business Internship Program if any problems identified during the internship require immediate resolution.
- Faculty Procedures Form (PDF)