Short-Term Study Abroad
Study Abroad in Costa Rica 2017
Immerse yourself this winter break with blended learning and spend the New Year in Costa Rica. Short term study in Costa Rica consists of:
- Study aboard for 10 days (includes: lodging; ground transportation; extra activities; some meals; and Spanish instruction)
- Monteverde and Rincon de Vieja volcanic area
- Homestay with Costa Rican host families
- Blended learning with face-to-face and online coursework
- Approximate Travel Cost: $1970 (tuition and fees is in addition to travel cost and is paid separately)
For dates, fees, and overall program information, download information flyer
For more information about information sessions, course content, and content applicability, please contact Professor Niel Brasher at email@example.com or (717) 477-1714.
For help to enroll and register, please contact PCDE at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Break 2018 - More information coming soon
How To Register
Currently Enrolled Ship Students
Current Shippensburg University students can register for short term study abroad courses by logging into the MyShip portal at https://my.ship.edu using their Shippensburg University email address and password.
Non-degree seeking students are Individuals who wish to take classes at Shippensburg University, but are not working toward earning a degree. Shippensburg University believes in providing educational opportunities to individual who wish to grow professionally and personally. Individuals are welcome to enroll in Ship classes, as long as applicants meet the University's academic requirements.
Here are key items to keep in mind for successful enrollment into short term study abroad program:
- View University Academic Requirements in the undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
- Applicants must have completed the prerequisite coursework for the particular course in which they would like to enroll.
- Enroll in a class that permits non-degree students to do so, you can check with faculty about this.
- Applicants may enroll in either winter / summer online classes, view details on non-degree page.
Important Documentation and Forms
- Forms for STSA Courses
- Student Health Form
- Release Form
- Conduct Form
- Guest Registration Form
- PA Department of State (Passport information)