ASP/ACT101 Advisory Board
The Advisory Board enhances the efforts of the Academic Success Program (ASP) by assisting, retention, and persistence of all ASP students.
The ASP/ACT101 Advisory Board consists of 30 members to include the Executive Committee. The Board is represented by ASP students, parents, university faculty and administrators, community representatives (to include Shippensburg University alumni), and two representatives from the ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board.
The Advisory Board meets two times each semester and the Executive Committee meets once each semester.
ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board
Serving on the ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board is an opportunity for past program student to share what they have learned
and contribute to the
academic success of their peers.
The role of the ASP Student Advisory Board member is to:
- Be a role model for your peers and contribute to their academic success.
- Promote and support
ASP with students, faculty, and staff.
- Represent ASP at various University functions.
- Provide student input on support services
and ASP promotional materials.
- Lead invited
workshops for students
- Be available to share your ASP experiences with future ASP classes.
- Advise on formulation of Student Advisory Board policies.
- Nominate and appoint two student leaders each year to serve on the ASP/
ACT101 Advisory Board.
for serving on the ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board include:
a student in good academic standing.
in representing ASP during University functions or volunteer opportunities.
enthusiastic about helping your peers succeed academically.
- BE willing
to participate in and lead discussions for student groups.
experiences in a variety of settings.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about serving on either Board.