PreK-4 Reading Minor
Reading at Ship
The PreK-4 reading minor is designed to help prepare future teachers in scientifically-based research, reading disorders, and literacy issues for PreK-4 grades. In addition, the minor strives to provide skills for developing curriculum and assessing, evaluating, and instructing students in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
The reading minor will require students to complete 5 additional courses that will be offered in a block. The block of 5 courses will be offered each summer (term 3 and part of term 4), fall and spring semesters. At this time, the courses must be taken together before graduation.
- RDG345 Teaching Language Arts in the PreK-4 Classroom
- RDG330 Content Area Reading in the Primary Classroom
- RDG 334 Classroom Based Literacy Assessment
- RDG340 Seminar in Literacy Tutoring
- RDG350 Text Accessibility and Comprehension the PreK-4 Classroom