Business Administration - MBA
The John L. Grove College of Business Master in Business Administration degree program offers high quality and outstanding value. Our AACSB-accredited MBA program is designed to help you to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy. Our graduate students find the Ship MBA reputable, affordable, and convenient.
Ship delivers its MBA degree program in two convenient formats in addition to MBA full-time (taking evening and/or online courses):
- Ship MBA-Professional: A part-time, evening hybrid format designed for working professionals and offered at multiple sites including Harrisburg and Shippensburg.
- Ship MBA-Online: A convenient, 100 percent online format that can be completed in two years.
Ship's 30-credit MBA consists of 8 required core courses (3 credits
each) and 2 elective courses (3 credits each). The requirements are the
same in each of the three delivery formats. You may choose 7 of the
following 8 core courses:
- MBA 502 Managerial Accounting
- MBA 529 Corporate Financial Management
- MBA 548 IT Management and Innovation
- MBA 554 International Business
- MBA 556 Organizational Leadership
- MBA 565 Contemporary Decision Making
- MBA 570 Marketing Management
- MBA 577 Supply Chain Management
This is a capstone course. You must have completed four core courses
(12 credits). It is highly recommended that you have taken MBA 502 and
- MBA 593 Strategic Management
Supply Chain Management is a rapidly growing field both here locally as
well as throughout the United States and globally. This MBA specialization will
fulfill demand for professionals who desire additional sophisticated knowledge
in supply chain and logistics management in addition to their general
Supply Chain Management Concentration
In this 36-credit option, students take the above eight MBA core courses and then take four supply chain specific courses. Select four courses from the following:
- SCM 510 Introduction to Logistics and Transportation Management
- SCM 515 Procurement Management
- SCM 555 Supply Chain Quality Management
- SCM 570 Supply Chain Management Theory and Practice
- SCM 590 Warehousing and Distribution Management
This concentration is delivered in a 100% online format and is available to all MBA students regardless of location or track selection.
Undergraduate course work and degree, relevant work experience, and goals statement will be evaluated and form the basis for admission. To be eligible for admission to the MBA Program applicants must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Present a current résumé.
- Submit a goals statement. This should be 500 words or less indicating your reasons for pursuing an MBA, your future goals, and why you chose Shippensburg's MBA program.
- Complete and submit the MBA Track selection web-form
- Take the GMAT and achieve a score of 450 or higher if applicant has less than five years of mid-level experience, including management experience, or for whom additional evaluation is needed.
GMAT may be waived for Beta Gamma Sigma members. Verification is required; send scanned documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GMAT Prep information - http://www.ship.edu/Business/MBA/MBA_Professional/GMAT_Prep_Information/.
Applicants will be evaluated on grade point average, course content, work experience, job level, leadership ability, team skills, suitability of goals, and whether they graduated from an AACSB-accredited college.
Applicants who have completed coursework in accounting, economics, finance, organizational behavior, marketing, and operations management may begin taking MBA core courses immediately. Applicants lacking coursework in one or more of these areas will need to take appropriate prerequisite MBA foundations courses before proceeding to core courses.
Dr. David Hwang
Dr. Ian Langella
Dr. Robert Neidigh
Dr. Robert Setaputra
MBA Director/MBA Secretary
College of Business, Grove Hall 324, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257
Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education (PCDE)
Horton Hall 111, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA, 17257
(717) 477-1502 Fax: (717) 477-4050