Dr. Daniel Predecki
Office: FSC 339
Phone: (717) 477-1417
Organic chemistry is the study of molecules that contain carbon. Career opportunities in organic chemistry include drug discovery and development, agricultural chemicals, polymers, and textiles.
My research focuses on synthetic methodology, including the application of known organic reactions in the synthesis of new molecules.
- Sirovetz, B.J.; Walters,
N.E.; Bender, C.N.; Lenivy, C.M.; Troupe, A.S.; Predecki, D.P.; Richardson, J.N.; Zaleski, C.M. “A Multiweek
Upper-Division Inorganic Laboratory Based on Metallacrowns.” J. Chem. Educ., 2013,
- Predecki, D. P. “Non-steady state intermediates: a
re-examination of the kinetics of hydrolysis of N-methylisobutylidene and
N-isopropylethylidene under acidic conditions.” Tetrahedron Lett., 2012,
- Mohler, D. L.; Coonce,
J.G.; Predecki, D.P.;
“Photoinduced DNA Cleavage by Benzenediradical Equivalents: 1,3- and
1,4-Bis(dicarbonylcyclopentadienyliron) benzene.” Bio.
Org. Med. Chem. Lett. 2003, 17, 1377-1379.
- Peterson, L. A.; Predecki, D. P.; Thomson, N. M.;
Villalta, P. W.; Donaldson, E. E.
“Nucleophilic Reactions between Thiols and a Tobacco Specific
Nitrosamine Metabolite, 4-Hydroxy-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone.” Chem.
Res. Toxicol. 2003, 16, 661-667.
- Byrns, M.C.; Predecki, D.P.; Peterson L.A.
“Characterization of Nucleoside Adducts of cis-2-Butene-1,4-dial, a
Reactive Metabolite of Furan.” Chem. Res. Toxicol. 2002, 15, 373-379.
- Peterson, L.A.; Naruko, K.C.; Predecki, D.P.; “A Reactive Metabolite of Furan,
cis-2-Butene-1,4-dial, is Mutagenic in the Ames Assay.” Chem.
Res. Toxicol. 2000, 13, 531-534.
Current Research Students
Former Research Students
- Erin D. – Ph.D. from Duquesne – Works at PPG
- Chelsie S. – Works at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Joe D. – Ph.D. from Drexel – Instructor at the University of
- Dustin U. – Works at Johnson and Johnson
- Phillip P. – M.S. from Bucknell – Working on a Ph.D. in
Polymer Chemistry at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Diane D. – Working on a Ph.D. from Drexel University
- Katelyn M. – High School Chemistry Teacher
- Todd V. – M.S. from
the University of Pittsburgh – Works at PPG
- Shawn S. – Works at
- Mike T. – Applying to Medical School
- Heather R. –Working on a M.S. from Bucknell
Tyler D. – Working on a Ph.D. in Forensics from
the University of West Virginia
I enjoy going to the gym and
spending time with my family.