United Communication Association
The primary function of the organization is to bring about a union of diverse students dedicated to truth and excellence in the field of Communication/Journalism by:
- Encouraging students to identify careers in Communication/Journalism.
- Assisting Communication/Journalism students in upgrading their professional skills in order to make them more marketable.
- Strengthening the ties among Communication/Journalism students of all cultural backgrounds.
- Being a part of an exemplary group of professionals that honors excellence and outstanding achievements among multicultural journalists and communicators.
- To act as a group and offer internship opportunities primarily to Communication/Journalism students from diverse backgrounds, and also to offer mentoring and networking with students from other disciples with an interest in the communication professions.
- To foster dialogue about diversity issues.
- To participate in multicultural recruitment.
- To establish stronger partnerships between student media groups and campus organizations.
- To offer a platform for COmmunication/Journalism students to network with one another beyond their years at Shippensburg University