Spring Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
11:00 a.m., May 9, 2015
Information for Faculty Participants
The Spring commencement programs are May 8 for graduate students and May 9 for undergraduate students. The graduate ceremony is 7:00 p.m. in the H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center and the undergraduate ceremony is 11:00 a.m. in Seth Grove Stadium. Information on the graduate ceremony will be shared by the School of Graduate Studies.
- Faculty Participation: The Commencement Committee invites faculty to participate. College deans will poll department chairs by May 1 to determine the number of faculty participants to provide an accurate count of required seats.
- Cap and gown: Faculty members who wish to order academic regalia are asked to contact the University Store at ext. 1600 from on campus or (717) 477-1600 from off campus.
- Diploma presentation: If you want to present a diploma cover to a family member or a student who is graduating, please contact Robin Maun at ext. 1302 or via e-mail at email@example.com by April 30.
- Guest admission: No tickets are required for general admission to the program. Faculty and administrators who wish to bring a guest may obtain a ticket for reserved seating from the Office of University Communications & Marketing, ext. 1201. Deadline to request tickets is May 1.
- Guest arrival: Gates to Seth Grove Stadium will open at 9:00 a.m. for guests. Light refreshments will be available. Please have your guests arrive in time to be seated by 10:30 a.m.
- Robing: Please use the entrance in the middle of the grandstands. Faculty will assemble by 10:30 a.m. in the Red Raider locker room to the right. The platform party, administrators, special participants, etc. will robe in the Sports Medicine room to the left.
- Academic procession: The academic procession will form at 10:45 a.m. and start promptly at 11:00 a.m. The mace bearer will lead the processional followed by the graduating class, faculty, trustees, and administrators, and then the platform party. Faculty who elect not to recess so they may meet with graduates are asked to step aside so other faculty may continue in the recessional.
- Special Note on Provisions for Inclement Weather: Information about commencement will be available on Hotline at (717) 477-1200. In the event of inclement weather, information will be placed on Hotline beginning on May 8 and will be updated as needed. Final information will be available by 7:00 a.m. May 9. In the event of inclement weather, commencement will be held indoors in two separate ceremonies. Members of the John L. Grove College of Business, and the College of Education and Human Services will participate in the 11:00 a.m. ceremony. Members of the College of Arts and Sciences will participate in the 3:00 p.m. ceremony. Both ceremonies are in Heiges Field House.
In case of inclement weather, the decision to move indoors will be made as soon as possible. Should the ceremony be moved indoors, faculty participants are asked to robe at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their respective ceremonies.
Should you have any questions concerning your participation in the ceremony, please contact Robin Maun at ext. 1302 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.