Federal Perkins Loan
The Federal Perkins Loan is a low interest loan (5%) and is interest free to the student while enrolled in school.
A limited amount of funds are available for students with high financial need. Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to receive the Federal Perkins Loan. First priority is given to students with exceptional financial need (defined by the school). Students must first have determination of eligibility/ineligibility for the Federal Pell Grant.
Check the Financial Aid Student Portal for award information.
The information provided on the FASFA will be used to determine student eligibility. Awards vary from $400 to $2,000 based on need and fund availability.
- $5,500/year undergraduates
- $8,000/year graduate students
- $11,000 aggregate limit for students who have not yet completed 2 years of undergraduate program
- $27,500 undergraduate aggregate limit
- $60,000 combined undergraduate and graduate aggregate limit
- Study Abroad: Annual and aggregates exceeding above noted amounts by as much as 20%