Careers in Aging
There are more than 500 colleges and universities that offer more than 1,000 credit programs in aging.
- Some students may choose aging as a specific area within one of the traditional disciplines or professions.
- Others may choose a degree or major in gerontology or aging studies.
- For some, continuing education with non-credit programs may be an option.
What Job & Career Opportunities are Available?
- Community, Human Services, and Religious Organizations
- Health care and Long-term Care Institutions
- Federal, State, and Local Government Agencies (Civil Service Exam Might Required)
- Retirement Communities
- Academic and Research settings
- Professional Organizations
- Business and Industry