Cancellation of Housing Agreement

Students canceling their housing agreements must do so in writing to the Housing Office. (Fax number: 717-477-4040, email:

Returning students canceling their housing agreements by June 1 will forfeit the $200.00 housing deposit.

Housing agreements will not be canceled for enrolled students after June1 of the housing agreement academic year thus requiring full financial obligation for the entire academic year room costs.

The room (housing) fee is refundable according to a schedule listed in the current Undergraduate Programs Bulletin. The room fee is not refundable when a student terminates occupancy in a residence hall except in cases of complete withdrawal from the University. Students may make a request in writing to be released from the agreement if moving to their permanent home address because of extraordinary financial circumstances or other emergency reasons. Any refund will be prorated according to the date the student completes the official procedures to withdraw from a residence hall and in accordance with the University refund policy.

Please note - Students should be careful not to enter into a lease with an off campus landlord before being released from their university housing agreement. Both the university and the landlord may hold the student liable for all housing fees.

Residents who withdraw from the University after checking into a residence hall room or apartment must officially check out of the room or apartment with a residence life staff member (RA or RD). The student must sign the Room/Apartment Condition Report, complete a Withdrawal from Residence Hall form, turn in the room and mailbox key to the residence life staff member, turn in the University ID card at University Police, and notify the academic dean of the withdrawal.