Transitioning to Ektron 9
TheUniversity has upgraded their Content Management System (CMS) to a newer version of the same system. Department editors will notice numerous changes in the editing process.
Please carefully review the CMS Instructions.
The instructions are the basics only
for now. Instructions for more complex editing will be added over the next few weeks.
Some tips for transitioning to the new editor
- Use Explorer 9 (contact the helpdesk to
update if you are on an earlier version), the most recent version of Firefox or Chrome.
- Make sure you are not in compatibility mode (Check Compatibility)
- Clear your cache (Browser specific instructions
are on www.ship.edu/IDWT/CMS/CMS_Instructions)
- Read and refer to the instructions
- "Edit in Context" is much more robust than the previous version. You should be able to completemost of your edits in this mode.
We will offer training early in the semester. If you need assistance
please contact us.